Christopher Thomas Howell
♥ Date of Birth:
December 7, 1966
♥ Place of Birth:
Los Angeles, California, USA
5' 11" (1.80 m)
Sylvie Anderson (25 July 1992 - present) : 3 children
Rae Dawn Chong (11 July 1989 - 1990) : (divorced)
Isabelle Howell - (born February 17, 1993)
Dashiell Howell - (born January 2, 1997)
Liam West - (born April 24, 2001)
- His father, Chris Howell is a stunt double and coordinator and has worked in many of Tommy's films.
- His mother gave him the nickname Buckwheat, when he was a baby, because he had big feet.
- He was a junior rodeo circuit champion.
- C. Thomas Howell originally expected to follow in his father’s footsteps and was even a child stunt player. At times, he still does stunt work on the side. Some may have spotted him as a waiter, toppled over, in an episode of the TV series “Moonlighting”. Keep your eyes open for him in the upcoming Fox series LA Confidential.
- Born exactly one year after Jeffrey Wright; also shares his birthday with Eli Wallach, Ellen Burstyn, and the late Harry Chapin.
- He was listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1986" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 38. (1986)
- Tommy auditioned for the role of Kirby in “St. Elmo’s Fire”, but didn’t get it because he was too young.
- He tested for and was nearly cast as Marty McFly in “Back to the Future” (1985). The role was given to Eric Stoltz (who was later fired in the middle of filming) and then finally, Michael J. Fox.
- In his single days, Howell shared a place with his friend and co-star Darren Dalton.
- Former son-in-law of Tommy Chong.
- Was #73 in VH1's 100 Greatest Teen Stars.
- A heavy metal group, Botch, has a song on one of their albums titled C. Thomas Howell as the Soulman.
- He was on trial for misdemeanors alleged in an accident with a skateboarder on December 9, 2000. The case was later dismissed. (October, 30 2001)
- In 2003 he was hospitalized for 4 weeks because of a ruptured appendix, a very serious illness, fatal if not treated on time. He lost 45 pounds and surgeons had to take out 3 feet of his intestine among other things in order to save his life. That's the real reason behind his gaunt look in all his movies between 2003 and 2005. As of today he has fully recovered. He's currently working out with a trainer and he has already gained 12 pounds of muscles and his face has filled back. He's also following a strict protein and carbohydrate diet.
- Howell has worked with Rutger Hauer twice; "The Hitcher" in 1986 and nearly 20 years later in a TV production of "The Poseidon Adventure".
- He is an owner and producer of Buckwheat Films.
- C. Thomas Howell cares so much about his fans that he posted messages to them on the Peter Benchley’s Amazon website.
- After winning the magic-performance Celeb-reality show "Celebracadabra" in 2008, he has reprised his show's character "Cherry" performing at The Magic Castle in Hollywood, CA.
- C. Thomas Howell has participated in various charity functions including celebrity golfing tournaments, rodeo events, and even a howl along contest to benefit the Los Angeles Society for the Prevention and Cruelty to Animals. Having a friend stricken with Multiple Sclerosis, Howell has also taken an active role in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, joining in the MS walk.